Oslo’s new food court opened in February 2015, after extensive renovation works were carried out in the oldest part of Oslo’s Central Station, a building from 1880, known for its fine wrought iron structure.
Located at the end of the main shopping street, Karl Johans gate, Østbanehallen is the ideal location for great food and beautiful architecture, in the heart of Oslo. The structure includes a wide range of restaurants, boutiques, a hotel and a tourist office. To celebrate the rebirth of the building, Østbanehallen has been renamed simply Ø. The architects and interior designers Mellbye Arkitektur Interiør AS were responsible for the restyling. Their approach was kind to the building’s history, striking the right balance between the historical and the contemporary.
The lighting design, by ÅF Lighting, underlines this approach and enhances details and features. The installation consisted of 450 Laser Blade recessed fixtures, the 15-cell LED flood version. Each Laser Blade product was fitted with its own DALI driver so that it could be managed by a control system that adapts the installation to daylight, maximising energy efficiency.
Information provided in part by: iGuzzini